What are 5 Things to Consider Before Starting a New Pool Construction in South Florida?
Apr 07, 2021
Adding a new luxury swimming pool to your home may seem like a daunting project, but it doesn’t need to be. Check out our tips for planning your new pool construction.
1. Planning Proper planning will help your new pool construction go smoothly.
Start with your homeowners’ association. Take the necessary steps to get approval for your new pool construction first, and be sure to review any restrictions or requirements from your HOA. This will help narrow down your design options.
Assess your space to get a complete picture of the work that will need to be done. It’s rare to have an open backyard that’s immediately ready for a new pool install. Are there trees that need to be removed or relocated? What about your irrigation system? Hiring an expert to handle your irrigation system is important, particularly if the entire system needs to be shut down or redone.
2. Design Designing your new luxury pool is the fun part. If you’re not sure where to start, consider the purpose of your pool. Is it for leisure? Entertaining? Exercise? Visual enhancement?
Narrowing down the perfect style and shape for your pool is easier once you’ve figured out its function. If you live for luxury, a lagoon design can give you your own personal backyard paradise. If you love entertaining, adding a spa creates a great outdoor hub for your friends and family. If young children or pets are your number one concern, think about investing in a sunshield or beach entry.
You don’t have to limit yourself to when it comes to the shape of your pool. Choose a traditional rectangular shape or a more modern freeform design. Infinity edges, spa additions, glass tile and water features offer custom options to personalize your pool to fit your tastes.
3. Cost Costs for your new pool construction can vary from builder to builder and can depend on a variety of factors including location, soil conditions and construction materials. Remember, if a price seems too good to be true, it probably is. You get what you pay for and paying upfront for a credible builder will save you money in the long run.
You should budget for additional features that will take your luxury pool to the next level. Don’t overlook the price of details like energy efficient equipment and automated controls.
Also important is the cost of continued maintenance. Keeping your brand new pool beautiful year-round means paying for the upkeep. Regular maintenance and repairs will cost between $950-$2,500 per year.
4. Financing Financing a new pool construction can make the process more affordable. We recommend funding through LightStream, a division of SunTrust Bank.
You can get a low-interest, fixed-rate loan from LightStream with good credit. Avoid appraisals and home equity requirements and repay your loan in just two years or up to 12 years.
5. Builder Installing a luxury swimming pool is a big project, which is why it’s important to hire someone you trust. Do your research when you shop around to provide prospective builders with a clear vision of what you’re looking for. Find pictures online of shapes, materials and features to get quotes on your new pool construction that are as accurate as possible. The more informed you are, the easier it will be to determine which builder understands your vision.
You should also thoroughly research the pool companies to ensure they have credibility and a track record for customer satisfaction. Read reviews online and check to make sure they are licensed and insured.
Custom Watershapes is licensed and insured with 25 years of experience in new pool construction. We are a member of the FSPA and Genesis University and are committed to a higher standard of service. Our team continuously seeks out training on new products and higher education to provide the latest products and services to our customers.
Investing in a new pool is a great way to upgrade your home. Do your research, map out your budget and find a builder who understands your needs. Before you know it, you and your family will be relaxing in your new backyard oasis.